"Welcome to Japan, folks. The local time is . . . tomorrow."
- from 30 Minutes Over Tokyo, The Simpsons, Season 10

Friday, July 4, 2008

Progress and New Ideas

I've been typing up Kitsune at a pretty good pace and I hope to be done by next weekend. When i first started typing it up and rereading what I had written, I was like, Aww, this is so horrible. How can I ever make any sense out of this? To, These chapters don't belong in book 1, they should go in book 2. I mean, the stuff is really interesting, and I want to read more, but I think it will be better if I save it. And finally in the last couple days, I got this reaction, Hey, this stuff's getting really good. I think this is where the plot should really start.

So yesterday at work, I wrote a new short synopsis to give the basic overview of the beginning of the novel. Well, at least what will be the new-ish beginning. Plus, I've already started to think of the new draft as Butterfly Mask, so we'll see which title I go with when it eventually gets finished.

The writing's going good for me and I'm generating a million and one new ideas, but all for this story (which is always a good thing).

No comments: