"Welcome to Japan, folks. The local time is . . . tomorrow."
- from 30 Minutes Over Tokyo, The Simpsons, Season 10

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Contest

If you haven't done so yet, you should head over here and vote for your favorite entry in the Scarlet Boa Contest. Don't have time to read all the entries? You can always just vote for mine, number 132.

I entered The 3rd Sort-of-Annual Stupendously Ultimate First Paragraph Challenge over on Nathan Branford's blog. My entry, the first paragraph of Pai's story, No Leaf Clover, is number 1318, on page 7 of the comments.

3 comments:

Victoria Dixon said...

Hi, Yttar, I think you went by "Pai" on Nathan's blog, which is where I ran across your blog link. I wanted to say hello as I've got a love for all things Asian. (I'm more into Chinese than you might be, but I love Japanese stuff, too and have been there once.) My story is a fantasy set in 220 A.D. China and is built around the folktales called "Romance of the Three Kingdoms," in case you've heard of them. If you're interested, come over to my blog and see me. It's not terribly interesting right now, but I'll have a book review (of a 2009 collection of Japanese short stories) up in a few days. I'm also the administrator for the Authors of Asian Novels Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/authorsofasiannovels/. It's a group of authors who (duh) write in Asian settings. We've pooled our knowledge of research materials, funding options and all sorts of things to form this group. Also, we've all become friends. :) Really liked your blog and am following you now. Good luck with the competition! (I have no idea which number I am, but I put mine up this morning before it topped 1000.)

Christina Early said...

It's nice to meet other people who like all things Asian too.

The Yahoo Group sounds interesting and I'll try to check it out. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Victoria Dixon said...

Thanks for dropping by!