"Welcome to Japan, folks. The local time is . . . tomorrow."
- from 30 Minutes Over Tokyo, The Simpsons, Season 10

Monday, August 17, 2009

What a Cute Kitty

Okay, I don't normally post stuff like this on my blog, but it was just too cute. Plus, it reminds me of my kitty.



The kitty in the video is either smarter than my kitty, dumber, or just plain more determined.

When we lived in Japan, our kitty was obsessed with the printer. Every time I pulled it out to print something for one of my classes or to print my novel, the kitty knew what we were doing and he was right there. Since the printer was kind of old and not working as well as it used to, we could only load in one page at a time, unless we wanted a paper jam. And since my novel was about 340 or so pages long . . . yeah, that took a long time to print. But the kitty was always right there, curious as to what we were doing, trying to stick his paws in the printer to either play with it, see how it worked himself, or just figure out where the high pitched screeching sound was coming from.

Those were the good old days when our kitty was still entertained by things other than us, and when everything was a kitty toy. Now, he mostly sets up kitty traps and catches either our puppy, my in-laws' puppy, or our hands or feet in his carefully laid kitty traps. Of course, our puppy will try to protect us from the kitty traps. And the last time she got caught in one, she harangued the kitty for quite some time afterwards.

No comments: