"Welcome to Japan, folks. The local time is . . . tomorrow."
- from 30 Minutes Over Tokyo, The Simpsons, Season 10

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Quick Update

It's a short post, but I thought I'd give an update of what I've been up to.

I'm still working on Wolf Eyes, which I've been working on since November. Yesterday I finally got past block that comes every time I get to the second half of Act 2 of whatever novel I'm working on. When the worst of it is that I think, "This is nothing like what I want it to be or thought it would be. How on Earth did it ever get here?" Then yesterday I had this idea for how I could tie what was turning out to be the primary plotline with the secondary plotline that was supposed to be the main plotline. And all of a sudden, I'm back to enjoying my story, my characters, their world, etc. Most importantly, I'm back to wanting to work on it. And revise it once I finally get the first draft finished.

I hope to have this draft finished by February. And after that comes typing it, reading it, revising it, and sending it to friends, then revising some more, etc., until I finally get around to writing the synopsis and query so I can finally submit something to agents.

Then I can get back to all those projects that have been enticing me while I've been at the bottom of the this-story-sucks pit.

No comments: